COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
COVID-19 Public Announcements
Schedule Announcement, March 17, 2020
We thank everyone for adjusting to the efforts at Kent Center, Inc. during this health crisis. These are trying times and we all are adjusting our daily lives and work schedules. Every effort is being made to adjust work schedules so everyone will be gainfully employed and every life we touch has what they need.
The Director of Programs is in the process of adjusting schedules so that staff will work their regular number of hours in residential homes; no overtime is guaranteed. We appreciate everyone supporting and working with the organization to ensure residential operations are fulfilled.
We will continue to update you. If you have any questions, please contact:
March 13, 2020
To Our Partners, Parents and Participants,
As our communities continue to feel the increased impact of COVID-19, we feel it important to share with you what we are doing to help keep people safe and healthy and continue to keep the lines of communication open. We must work collaboratively and do our part to ensure we minimize the effects of this virus on our community.
As a response to the COVID-19 epidemic and in accordance with the recommendations by the Maryland Department of Health and the Developmental Disabilities Administration, Kent Center will be limiting services over the next two weeks, starting on Monday, March 16. These steps were taken to protect those at risk for severe illness and to preserve the quality of life of the people we support. Kent Center will be providing Day Services throughout the day, in smaller groups, to individuals to continue to offer programming.
Kent Center is taking the following precautions to be proactive and deter the spread of COVID-19:
- Persons supported in our Residential program will not be transported to our administrative facility daily but will receive services in one of our homes to have a meaningful day.
- Anyone participating in our Day Program Services that lives in the community will be provided transportation to the Center, and programming will be available in small groups for a meaningful day both inside our facility and in the community.
- Adults receiving Supported Employment Services, and are currently employed, will continue to be transported to and from their place of employment but will be picked up and dropped off from their homes, based on their individual work schedules.
- Personal Support Services and Residential Services occurring outside of Day Program Hours, or outside of the facility will not be impacted.
- Administrative hours will remain the same, and staff will continue to be available in the Chestertown office to answer questions.
- No visitors will be permitted to enter our Administration building or any of our Residential homes.
- Loved ones who would like to visit with someone we support are encouraged to do so by picking them up at the front door of their residence and enjoying time together in the community.
- All meetings will be held electronically.
- The Financial Trust presentation scheduled for March 19 will be rescheduled.
- The organization will be monitoring the temperature of supported individuals, as well as the general well-being of each person.
- In accordance with recommended precautions we are closely monitoring the evolving situation, requiring handwashing, sterilizing homes daily, and will be sterilizing the administrative building.
As always, our first priority is the health and well-being of everyone involved in Kent Center’s daily activities. As the situation changes, we want to thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging obstacle and determine how best to continue serving our communities. Please call the administrative building with any questions or need for clarification.
Wishing you all safety and good health,
Like us on facebook:
300 Scheeler Road, Chestertown Maryland 21620
709 Morgnec Road, Chestertown Maryland 21620
217 E. Redwood Street, Suite 1300 Baltimore, Maryland 21202
7120 Samuel Morse Drive, Second Floor, Columbia Maryland 21046