COVID-19: Update on Service Delivery
Abbreviated services are available in our Center on Scheeler Road for persons supported who live at home in the community. As restrictions for group size are relaxed in Maryland, we look forward to offering more services and including the people receiving support in Community Living Services at Kent Center houses very shortly. Activity choices will focus on skill acquisition and development related to personal goals in the areas of independent living, career exploration, and health and wellness targets. Tours of our facility are available daily.
Changes to expect from the Meaningful Day Program in the future:
- People supported by our programming will begin entering on the West side of our building, past Happy Chicken, directly into the Meaningful Day Room.
- Our day will no longer start with a Morning Meeting, each person will have the choice to plan and schedule their day/week.
- Everyone, whether staff or person supported by Kent Center, will move around through open spaces in the building and community each day. No one will have a designated “spot” in the building.
- To limit exposure, no visitors will be allowed in our building. If it is required that someone must enter the building, they will not be allowed past the Reception area.
- Anyone entering our building will have their temperature taken and staff will continue to wear PPE while supporting people in our program.
- People supported by our programming are encouraged to wear a mask when reasonable and prudent.
Digital Day Services will continue via GoToMeeting, with two sessions offered daily for those that prefer to participate virtually. Digital Services are available to anyone receiving support from the Kent Center. Please contact a Coordinator for Person-Centered Planning to learn more about available supports and programs.